Please watch this short video that I prepared for a quick overall review:
The set includes 12 colors of acrylic paints in 12ml tubes and a 4-piece set of detailing nail art brushes.
What I like:
- CONSISTENCY is amazing! I think this is the most important to consider. The formula lets your brush glide easily on your nails. DO NOT get paints that are highly dense because it would be difficult to manage them even if you water it down. Those that easily comes out of the tube are more reliable based on my experience.
- Each tube of paint were really OPAQUE. That is another major consideration when choosing a good set of acrylic paints. Avoid those that are sheer when applied. I have encountered sheer paints mostly in yellows and blues.
- The package comes with a good variety of color choices. Colors that are normally used are already provided. And if the color you wish is not available, mixing is not a problem.
- Each paint tube is marked with true to color labels.
Nail Art Brushes
- SOFT BRISTLES won me the moment I tested the nail art brushes. Strokes were highly manageable. They bend really well during painting. Have you ever used a brush that you can't control? Well, you won't be having that problem with these brushes from Born Pretty.
- The set comes in 4 different sizes in terms of thickness and length. The smallest one (red) is much recommended for intricate details.
- They came enclosed inside a hard plastic tube for further protection. This perhaps might be a minor consideration. But if you're like me who brings nail art brushes during long travels or gives on-site client demonstrations, having this extra protection is a plus.
- Its color coded so it makes it easier to identify which brush to use when you're already painting.
What I don't like:
- Labels on the acrylic paints are in Chinese so I can't understand it. But this detail can be overlooked because of the color markings on each tube that tells what color is inside.
I give this set 2 thumbs up! I highly recommend this to any nail art enthusiast! I am personally using the set now and to see the paint and brushes in action, please read my Nail Art Tutorial: Splash of Colors.
Where to buy:
To purchase: 12 Acrylic Colours Paints Brush + Pallete Nail Art
Use my coupon code XPSQ10 to get a 10% discount.
You might also want to read these reviews:
DISCLOSURE: Products were sent for impartial review.