I painted a pair of penguins on my nails. One on each hand as accent nails. I was sitting on my personal nail station without any idea on what nail design I could wear. After staring and staring on my stash, I saw that photo of my partner and I, sitting on the top shelf. Penguins came into mind as I remembered a line from the movie "Never Been Kissed", wherein Drew Barrymore's character said, "You know, Adelie, penguins, they spend their whole lives looking for that one other penguin and when they meet them, they know. And they spend the rest of their lives together."
Well, onto the nails ...
Penguins nail art by Simply Rins
I painted a male penguin on my left hand and a female one on my right hand. I used different base colors for each hand just to highlight where the male and female penguin is.
I chose Orly Gumdrop for the male hand. This took 2 coats.
Stamped with an image from Bundle Monster BM19 plate.
For my female (right) hand, I chose Orly Kiss the Bride. Reached full
opacity in 2 coats. Stamped with an image from Bundle Monster BM16 plate.
For the penguins, I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Black Out. This is probably one of the blacks that I really like. It has a shiny finish even without a top coat. The rest of the penguin parts were painted in acrylic.
Aren't they cute together?
Here are a few interesting facts I found out about penguins:
- Penguins are birds that cannot fly. They actually have feathers that are tightly packed together.
- They are great swimmers and divers. They use their wings to swim.
- Penguins mate for life! Okay, so they swim, eat, and mate! Great!
- The male penguin takes care of the chick while the female penguin hunts for food. Quite the opposite for humans, or not?
- Penguins use sign and body language to communicate. They use their flippers. I wonder if it is more like a morse code. How many flaps should a penguin make to say, "I am fat."
- Female penguins compete for a male penguin. I'm sure the guys will love this one.
- Penguins waddle when they walk. They don't have a choice. They have extremely short legs without knees. But surprisingly, penguins can walk faster than humans! Now, that is something!
It is a bit challenging for me to work with very short nails. Worse, my natural nails are not of the same length. My pointer and pinky nails are really, really short. If only they could be like the one on my ring finger. But challenges are always welcomed on my table. Anyway, I hope you liked this penguin nail art on my short nails.
Oh, did you notice that my female penguin is wearing a pink bow? A little something to attract the male penguin. ;)