Curious Cows nail art by Simply Rins!
I have 2 accent nails for this design, which I drew on both my ring fingers. I find this design quite easy to do, even the cows can be easily replicated. If you're thinking of wearing a black and white manicure, perhaps you could consider wearing cow prints.
I used 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow as base color on all the nails. That's Orly Cupcake for the cow's snout and black acrylic paint for the cow prints and outlines. I believe this is my first black and white nail design ... with a minor pink accent for the cows' snout.
I gathered some facts about cows and this is my top 10 most interesting facts about cows:
01. An average cow produces 30 lbs of urine and 65 lbs pounds of feces daily.
02. Cows drink about a bathtub full of water and eat around 40 pounds of food a day.
03. Cows have a single stomach, but four digestive compartments.
04. Cows have an acute sense of smell and can smell something up to 6 miles away.
05. Cows can walk up stairs, but not down them. This is because her knees cannot bend properly when she tries to go down.
06. Cows have almost total 360-degree panoramic vision.
07. Cows are able to hear lower and higher frequencies better than human beings.
08. Studies have shown that classical music helps cows produce more milk.
09. Humans and cows have the same gestation period, which is about nine months.
10. Cows are referred to as the foster mothers of the human race because they produce most of the milk that people drink.
I remember my mother always serves us fresh milk during breakfast and we could not leave unless we finish a glass of milk. I don't particularly like milk but I do love taking them with hot chocolate! :)
You may wonder why I named this nail art "Curious Cows". I deliberately painted the cows' eyes looking at the side to create a feeling a wandering look. I think it is more obvious closeup.
After doing this, I began to doubt if white is good for my skin tone. I think it made my skin look darker. However, I really liked how this turned out. It's a fun nail art.
Will you wear a nail design like this?
Disclosure: I'm currently resting my natural nails to recover from breakage and brittleness. This design was done using artificial nails.
Don't miss any updates! Subscribe here.
Like Simply Rins on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.