This is my Konad Stamping Nail Art personal kit. It includes 2 5ml special nail polish, a 10ml top coat, 1 image template, stamper, and scraper.
Contents out of the box.
Konad Stamping Nail Art lets you design your nails with so much variety. You can change the design of your nails as often as you like, with so many designs to choose from! The personal kit allows you to create fabulous nails on your own without visiting a nail salon. It's cheaper than going to a nail salon and having your nail art done by a professional. With Konad Stamping Nail Art kit, you can make your nails look great by yourself!
The set only came with 1 image template. I bought 2 more. There are many templates to choose from which you can look at Konad's site. I got a template with cute animal cartoon heads and a template for full nail coverage.
This is my 1st attempt in using my Konad Stamping Nail Art personal kit:
I used a regular red polish as base. I'm very for the mess. Apparently, I didn't do a good job cleaning the smudges that the red polish created outside the nails. As you can see, I did poorly on my 1st attempt. I clearly had a hard time centering the designs. I was also not able to stamp the entire design. Some parts were left on the stamper.
I let the stamped nail art dry for a minute before applying the Konad top coat. I tried using my favorite top coat on my pinky finger and look what it did. It smudged the design! Yay! If you'd like to use a different brand for your top coat, let your nail art dry for several minutes or make sure the stamped art nail is completely dry before applying it.
This is my 2nd attempt.
I used a template for full nail stamping. I don't know if I did better here. I guess not? It was also hard to make sure I got the design at the edge of my nails. I still failed in neatly stamping the nail art design. Don't worry about over shooting the design. The Konad special nail polish is easy to remove with a regular nail polish remover.
Here's a step by step procedure on how to do your own stamping nail art:
1. Choose the nail art design from any of Konad's image templates. For the purpose of this article, I chose the butterfly design from the m36 template.
2. Apply Konad's special nail polish over the design that you chose. Make sure that you cover the entire design. I chose the red Konad special nail polish for photo purposes.
3. Scrape across the image plate with the scraper to remove excess polish. I don't have a Konad template holder yet but any flat stable surface seems to do just fine. Make sure you scrape until the edge of the plate so that your stamper will only pick up the design.
4. Press the stamper firmly over the design.
5. Stamp firmly the image on your nail with a gentle rolling motion or by simply pressing it down. Before stamping, you can make sure that you've picked up the design entirely and neatly. It's important that you stamp the design as quickly as you can to your nail before it dries.
For photo purposes, I've used a white special nail polish so that it would be easier for you to see the design on the stamper. The red special nail polish would be harder to capture in picture since my stamper is pink.
Some personal tips:
The scraper has a sharp blade so be careful in handling it. For excess nail polish stuck into the scraper, a regular nail polish remover can be used to clean it. The stamper feels like hard rubber and it doesn't lose its shape when picking up any design nor when you press it firmly on your nail. I only wish it's of a lighter color so that it would be easier to see the design clearly.
Traces of the design will sometimes be left on the stamper. You can easily remove this with a piece of cloth or a cotton with nail polish remover.
I tried using a different brand of nail polish for the stamping nail art but it appeared really thinly on the nail. The Konad special nail polish is slightly thicker in texture, making it more effective in for the stamper. It makes a bolder impression of the design on your nail. It also doesn't dry as quickly as other nail polishes.
For more details please visit Konad Nail Art or Konad's Multiply Site, where you can find various kits and templates that you can order online. Konad Stamping Nail Art products are also available on Konad's stalls at SM Shopwise branches here in the Philippines. They also carry 3D nail art stickers.
Do check out my nail art posts.
Update: You may also want to check my recent personal tips on using the Konad stamping nail art.